Reporting to the External & Public Affairs Director, the Head of Communications is responsible for the public perception of the PRCA. Managing this perception involves developing marketing and communication strategies, understanding the importance of timing and setting, dealing with crises and setbacks, overseeing a team of two and ensuring that information released is consistent with the strategy at large.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Developing a cohesive communications strategy.
– Assembling and overseeing a diversely skilled communications team.
– Crisis management and pre-emptive planning.
– Cultivating an environment of readiness and alertness.
– Maintaining an awareness of company risks and threats.
– Projecting a positive company image to the public.
– Managing media relations.
– Oversee and manage PRCA’s blog programme and global podcast
– Act as communications consultant to senior management team
– Ensuring quality control of all information released.
– Establishing and articulating PRCA news and policies in key areas.
– Handling media and stakeholder relations concerning Professional Codes
– Cultivating relationships with journalists, bloggers, and industry influencers to safeguard and strengthen the reputation of the PRCA.
– Providing communications assistance for PRCA MENA, APAC, Africa, and Americas.
– Manage internal communications.
– Any other reasonable duties considered appropriate by the management of the Company.
– Responsible for delivering PRCA’s email marketing strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND / OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– 5+ years communications experience.
– Issues and crisis management.
– Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
– Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
– Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
– Strong and confident leadership.
– Knowledge of social media tools and techniques and the ability to use them creatively.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
– Demonstrate media release writing, copy writing, and blog writing skills.
– Ability to work accurately and under pressure.
We aim to practice what we preach on diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, gender, age, disability, religion, belief, or sexual orientation. We are passionate about equality for applicants and employees, and work hard to ensure neither are disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
To apply, contact Karen Wilkinson at: email@example.com.
© 2023 Strategic. Registered in Ireland: 659272